Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Climbing to new heights…


On September 6th, Mike took me, my mom, Mac, and Joe on an adventure up the canyon. We went rock climbing. Joe and Mike made it look real easy. But don’t worry; we were all able to make it to the top even with Mac and me in tennis shoes and my mom with her long nails. It was my turn to impress Mike and show him I could keep up with him. I think I did pretty well. Mike helped guide my mom to the top, it was her first time outdoor rock climbing. Yup, he is a great coach. It was fun activity with great company. Some people nearby even thought my family and I were from New York because they thought we had an accent. What total weirdo’s!

Our relationship was also climbing to new heights as well. Throughout our dating, we had several DTR’s just because Mike knew how much I didn’t like them. He would periodically throw them out just to mess with me. But a couple days after we climbed to new heights on the rock we also decided to take our DTR’s to the next level as well. The next DTR would be Marriage. As long as things went according to plans, we were to be married! What a thought, eh? I knew I would be one lucky girl. I was so grateful to my Heavenly Father that he allowed us to meet at the right time and the right place where we both could be ready. Mike had gotten over some past relationships and was ready. My family’s move, my brother’s wedding, some friend situations, and meeting a guy like Mike made me realize maybe I could settle down. The next week we agreed we should get married. Now it was just working out the details.

I knew it was one of the best decisions I was making. A couple weeks later Mama Deb and other family members confirmed it. I attended the Relief Society broadcast with Mama Deb. After she put her arm around me, and with tears in her eyes she said, “I don’t know where this is going, but I want to let you know I’m grateful for what you have done for Mike.” It made me feel so good inside and really touched me. I knew I was really in with the family. To add to my joy, his niece said she knew me now because I was her aunt. His uncles and cousins were inviting me to big events. His dad even invited me to Disneyland with them, which he only did if he thought it was that serious. But above all Mike unofficially asked me if I would marry him. Life was really working out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment