Wednesday, February 22, 2012

January 16th…Trip to Brianhead!



Brianhead was a blast. We went snowmobiling for seven hours on Saturday and then went skiing later that night. We drove through some beautiful scenes and really deep snow. While we were riding around Michelle found a huge jump. The first time she hit it fast, not knowing it was there. Once it was discovered, we returned for some more fun. Mike hit it so hard; he bailed off to remain safe. The rest of us took turns trying to catch some “big” air. It is always an adventure with the Swenson’s though. My dad was in his element flying around on the snowmobile. Mac almost flipped my mom, Michelle flew off the back, and Mike introduced us to hooky bobbin on the snowmobiles. I loved being the spotter (lets the driver know when they fall off). Mac pulled the best faces and I could not stop laughing. Mike was very skilled in this area making it very difficult to throw him off the sled. After hooky bobbin, we took off on our last snowmobile adventure for the day. We hid the sled and we were off. After coming back, we went to get the sled and it was gone. A group of kids had taken our sled! We sent Mike and Mac after them. Yes, they were able to retrieve it back without too much effort. They just strutted up to the group of kids, asked where they got the sled, and took it. The kids had a dumbfounded face, Mac and Mike busted them.

One of my favorite parts of the day, however, was the snowmobile races. You know whenever the Swenson’s are around it is going to turn into a competition. On the last race, I took off and tried to take a corner too sharp. I flew off the side of the snowmobile. Meanwhile, the snowmobile was still going. Levi was behind me and stopped to make sure I was fine. I was, of course. Then I hoped back on and tried to play catch up. I was cruising so fast. To add to the excitement, a big dip came up on me. I gave a lil squeal but there was no avoiding it. I flew into it and my snowmobile felt like, maybe even was, air born! I was pretty scared; needless to say the rest of the race for me was a little slower. I came in 4th, but it was definitely the most memorable race.

Saturday night we went skiing. We rocked that little bunny hill. Our favorite part was flying through a patch of trees with two little jumps catching a little air. Sunday we had another devotional, with topics of our choice this time. It was good discussion. To top it off, we went on a little snowshoeing stroll behind our place. It was my first time snowshoeing. It was a lot of fun AND a good workout. My dad, Levi, and Michelle all tapped out pretty early. But the rest of us had a good time tackling each other, doing summersaults over big banks of snow, and doing belly slides down the mountain. Mike is showing me that snow activities can in fact be a really good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment