Tuesday, February 14, 2012

October 18th...Trip to Vegas!


The tennis team had a tournament down in Las Vegas. Mike and the rest of the family came down and we made a trip of it. After one of my matches I was really mad. I felt like I should have been on the track team, because I was just running around like crazy. I couldn’t make her move at all. I got really frustrated and not surprisingly I lost the match. Mike tried to cheer me up after the match. I had been working on trying not to swear as often on the court because it really bugged Mike. I confessed I swore. So, he swore back at me. It was really funny just because it was so out of character.

Once I was in better spirits, we realized I had a two hour break between matches. We utilized our time, and went wedding dress shopping. I had on my tennis clothes, my hair was a mess on top of my head, and my wrist was tapped. I bet they were pretty excited when I walked into their store. Before we went in, my dad told me to get any dress I wanted. He told me to just go for it. I tried on probably only about seven dresses and I was ready to go. I found one that I liked and I was good with that. We bought the dress then rushed back to the tennis courts and just like that I had my wedding dress.


The next day Levi, Mac, and Michelle joined the rest of us down in Vegas. We got to show Mike a lil taste of the

strip. He had never been there before. The strip is an interesting place. They have little stripper bars, a new edition, “show girls”, Homer Simpson, and lots of other interesting characters. The main event, however, was the water show at the Bellagio Hotel. It’s really pretty and is one of the few things on the strip worth seeing. We also got a nice side show, Mac and Levi were kind enough to share their dance moves with us.

Saturday was a party day. It started with tennis and continued to be highly entertaining. We had a ping pong tournament. My dad won. You could say he deserved it with his par core moves. He was so proud of his victory that he posted the draw up on the pillar; his name as reigning champion. Next on the agenda was the pool. where we just messed around with contests and tricks. We had chicken fights, did flips in the air, had underwater contests, played hands up stands up, which Mike always won by a long shot, and lots of other games. My mom even did a flip in the air; however, my dad was definitely not the reigning champion in that area. But apparently we impressed some people so much they wanted us to join them at their $700 reserved table at the Tao.

Don’t worry the fun didn’t stop there. We went to a nice buffet in the Wynn and saw Le Reve. It was the water show by the Cirque de Sole. It was way more impressive than I thought. The strength of the acrobats was amazing. They are so built and have such good control, even when they are soaking wet. One of the guys stared at me all the way up to the ceiling another guy threw a flower to me at the end. I guess those are the perks of being on the front row. It was very creative and entertaining. As if that was not enough, we topped off the night by seeing the Phantom of the Opera. It was amazing. The singing was great, and it helps that I love that play. Yup, we were on front row again. Talk about being spoiled.


The next day was Sunday so we had our own little devotional in the hotel. My dad assigned us all topics to talk about with the family. It was great discussions, but my dad still gets made fun of to this day. People thought they were given topics that they needed to work on. It didn’t go over to well that my topic was prayer. The other topics were as follows, Mike-goals, Levi-finances, Michelle-self-esteem, and Mac-judging.

In between the fun, we were also able to get some of the wedding details worked out as well. Things were coming together very nicely. We are making much progress. The wedding is only a couple of months away!

No comments:

Post a Comment