Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE IS IN THE AIR!!...St. George Birthday Trip


My family officially moved down to St. George in the beginning of August. I moved in with my aunt Shonnie for the remainder of the summer. For my 21st birthday I decided to take a trip down to St. George to visit my parents. I invited Mike along with me. It was a lot of fun. We got to see the new place and check out the area. We got a free three day membership to Washington Recreation Center. So we decided to try out a Yoga class together. Mike was a great sport to come. He was far outnumbered by the woman in the room and probably sweated more than several of them combined. He had sweat dripping of his face onto the mat. He learned that Yoga can be a difficult workout.

We also got to the driving range. The golf pro's thought Levi and my dad were in there to set up chairs. We didn't know it was a collar only kind of place. I got to see some of Mike's skills. He is a natural athlete. He was crushing that little golf ball;we were becoming more and more compatible over time. Later we went back to the WRC and went to the swimming pool with my mom. They had slides, a lazy river, and big toys that dumped water on us. It was a lot of fun playing around and talking with my mom. She wanted to know more about our development so was asking a lot of questions. She wanted to know what we thought the other person’s best features were and anything else we would tell her.

However the best part of the trip was the night before my birthday on August 20th. We stayed up late just talking on the couch. He hinted at marriage and I was taken aback a little. It’s not that it hadn't crossed my mind before but we hadn't even dropped the “L-Bomb” yet. I called him out and that is when it happened. Mike looked me straight in the eye, called me by name, and told me he loved me. I had loved him for a while so of course I was extremely happy. I told him I loved him too. It was official. We were in love and we didn't care who knew it!

On the way back from St. George, Mike and I were talking about marriage. You could tell he had been on the job market for a while. He said, “You might as well go full time with full benefits”. What he meant as an innocent comment quickly sounded very dirty. It was really funny. We were on to the next step, talking about marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment