Monday, February 13, 2012

Hill Family Trip


Mike invited me on his family’s trip to Island Park at the end of July. It was a blast. The first night we got there we arrived after dinner. We made some tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, the perfect cabin food. Mama Deb wanted to make sure I felt comfortable. She was willing to put up a sheet around my bed so I felt like I had my own space. Secretly, I think she really wanted me to have it up to make sure nothing happened between Mike and me. However, I think we were already safe seeing there were about 10 of us or so in that room. A nice gesture though. As we were getting ready for bed, it was great because the whole house was pretty quiet. Mike, Mark, and I were in the kitchen brushing our teeth. I had brought my electric toothbrush. Mark and Mike had a good laugh as I turned on my little noisy toothbrush.

The week only got better as it went along. I had known Joe up to this point but it was fun to get to know the other members of his family better. I especially got to know Danny and Haley. We played Crap Head. I learned Papa Hill has a competitive side to him. Amanda and I also had an unexpected bonding moment. I was on the phone talking with some tennis students and I saw her come outside. She folded her arms, and took in a deep breath. I was watching her for a little while and then decided to ask if she was ok. She was surprised anybody else was outside. She was fine; Danny had just ripped one in the cabin. They sprayed some air freshener but she needed the real stuff. The family also loved the story of how my dad gave Mike “the book” at the wedding. Don’t worry; I made my mark when I told Emily that Osama Bin Laden was the President of the United States. Yes, I let them know that I was a complete Blonde.

It was fun to spend some quality time with the family and to see Yellowstone. It was my first time making the stops. It was a great time to be there for we saw more than most see in a day. We saw the lower loop sights,bison, deer, elk, a moose, a bear, and even the Vice President. The Hills made me feel like I was already a part of the family. It was funny because my family has been throwing down wedding jokes for a long time, but it had now begun on his side as well. His nieces were the biggest force telling Mike he should marry me. Crazy enough, I kind of liked it. Marty even gave me a good bye hug, which was a first. I had made some good progress with the family and knew I would be extremely lucky to marry into such a great family.

No comments:

Post a Comment