Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Time to tell the folks…officially!


Things were happening very quickly for us. Mike decided to officially tell his dad that we were getting married. His parents already had a pretty good idea, but we thought to be able to tell them ourselves. Pretty much anybody who knew us or saw us that summer could see it was unavoidable. That weekend we let Mama Deb know. We went back into her bedroom and told her the news. She said she was excited for us and knew it was coming. Joe overhead us telling her and exclaimed, “This is awesome!” Word would quickly spread.

The coveted Disneyland trip was coming up that week. I was torn because I really wanted to go, but didn’t feel like I could miss tennis and school. So, I did what I thought was responsible and stayed behind to attend to my duties. They had a great time on the trip, however. On the way back, Mike and his parents and Joe stopped by my parent’s house. It was the big moment. Mike was going to ask my dad for my hand in marriage. My mom wanted to provide a little snack for the Hills when they stopped by. I told her that would be very nice. I also let her know that Papa Hill was diabetic. So she did her thing and made sure he had a plate of vegetables, pretty funny, eh? She continued her thing by informing Mike she would be joining my dad and him. She said I was her girl and she was not going to miss the discussion. She asked Mike the love questions while my dad asked the business questions. I guess you could say they make a pretty good pair. Apparently, he passed with flying colors because they said yes! The families were now on the bandwagon! We had the official clear!


No comments:

Post a Comment