Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine’s Day!!


Mike and I went to dinner at Hamilton’s tonight. Why? Because we won a gift card there! How you may ask? Well we won the couples contest at the Sports Academy Saturday night. We were paired up with another couple for the night to compete with them in a series of challenges. The totals were added and the winner was awarded a $50 gift card to Hamilton’s restaurant. The challenges were ping pong, tennis, racquetball, soccer, basketball, and a compatibility quiz. Early in the night, Mike was trying to make friendly conversation with our competitors by saying, “It would be fun to mix it up with other couples, not that we don’t like you guys but it would just suck if you got stuck with someone that just kept kicking your trash all night.” Mike didn’t know it at the time but that was exactly what we were going to do. We made a real good time. Mike surprised me with his skills. He blocked some hard soccer shots and he pulled through on the basketball making all five of his shots. I only made two. He wasn’t bad at tennis either, I was quite impressed.

We had a great Valentine’s Day meal and then they even gave us a $20 gift card as part of our meal package. Bonus! That morning I gave him three shirts from his favorite store, the DI. It’s nice because they are already washed so he doesn’t have to worry about them fitting weird later on. We also started a Valentine’s Day tradition of writing a little love letter each year. I’m quite happy about that tradition. My gift came later upon my return from Texas. He picked me up from the airport and surprised me with roses. When I got home, he had written me a letter and got me a Nike shirt that was just my style. He nailed it. It was a great Valentine’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment