Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wedding Review….


Our wedding was perfect! Everything was so beautiful and it came together so well. We could not have done it without the help of all of our friends and family. It was such a great day. The morning of the wedding Mike came to pick me up. He looked as good as ever. We drove down to the luncheon to greet our family and closest friends. It was great food and great company. It was weird to be at the center of everything.

When they rang the cups, I was able to kiss my boy!This time I was part of the action. During my little speech, my dad bet me to say, starting quiet, then gradually getting louder, “Tank you all friends and family for coming to MY WEDDING!” It’s a modification of a line off of 30 Rock. Some thought it was hilarious, others were clueless, and then there were those that thought I was crazy. But it was totally worth it. Our dads were also able to say a word or two. Everybody introduced themselves, Hayden (my cousin’s son) started singing a school song and my grandma introduced herself as “Happy Koleen”. It was great. Then each table offered some words of wisdom.

After the luncheon, we all headed over to the temple. This was the moment we had all been anticipating for months. Mike was very emotional during the sealing. He has waited a long time for this moment. Hopefully, his waiting wasn’t in vain. I was wondering if I should be crying, but I didn’t. As Marty put it, “I looked kind of smug, like I had won, but not in a bad way.” He could tell I was very happy. Papa Hill knows how to read people. I did feel like I had won. I had won an internal battle. It was such a struggle for me to get past the feeling that I wasn’t worthy enough. I hadn’t done anything that would keep me from going to the temple. But Satan was working overtime on me. He had got me thinking and believing that I was not good enough. There were moments of peace, but it was a struggle. However, that day in the sealing room those feelings began to leave. The time had come to let those things go and have an increase of faith and peace.

As I sat staring across at Mike, I couldn’t have been happier. I wasn’t expecting to be married when I was, but how could you pass a guy like that up? He is amazing in every way. He is smart, funny, good looking, and very spiritual. You could say he is the whole package. I know I broke many girls’ hearts that day when I took him off the market. Sorry ladies, but he is mine!

We were able to snap a few more pictures after the wedding as Mike’s brothers were having a snow ball fight. Mike secretly wished he could be a part of it. Once we had thoroughly captured the moment we got ready for the reception. The family hung out at Shonnie’s house for about an hour before the big event began. The reception was really pretty. Shonnie had decorated her house beautifully.

My mom and Tammy had put pretty accessories around the house. The cake was amazing. The ice cream and eclairs, which were made by Cindy, were delectable. Everything was perfect. It was fun to see friends and family and share that moment with them. Lauren and Janice made several rounds through the line. Mike’s parents stayed in the line with us, where my parents just wondered around the house. Other than that it was pretty traditional, cutting the cake (yup, we were wimps and fed it to each other nicely), and throwing the bouquet. After we gave our time there, it was time to drive off on our own. We were officially newlywed status!


No comments:

Post a Comment