Wednesday, February 15, 2012

December 19th Endowments!


The temple truly is a shining light in the midst of darkness.Going through the temple was an amazing experience. Several ladies were waiting to greet me as I walked in. Sister Thornley was assigned as my personal helper. I was sent into a back room to get dressed and to put my garments on for the first time. I felt clean and much peace. The temple provides so many blessings to people’s lives. Going to the temple is definitely worth the preparation to be able to attend. Although, I know I must still live worthy to be able to continue to obtain these blessings.

It was a really neat experience. I learned how to make it back home if I will be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments. I will have to go back to refresh and continue learning, but I have been introduced. After I had been washed and anointed, the temple matron took us back into a room to kind of debrief what had just happened and to see if we had any questions. I just had a desire to never do wrong again. My mind seemed to revert back to past mistakes, which really bothered me. Although, I knew I hadn’t done anything too serious, I am just extremely hard on myself. It has always been a struggle of mine. The peace did come though as I went into the endowment room. During the film, I realized how much of it was familiar and already in the scriptures. It was neat. My mom provided a good laugh when she went to stand up and she got caught. She was stuck and it took her a second to get unhooked. You can always count on a good story if my mom is around.

I was really happy that Mike could be there for me. He will be by my side forever after we are sealed. What a great thought! The temple was peaceful, exciting, beautiful, and new. I was so happy that my face hurt from smiling so much. My family and Mike’s family were so supportive. One of the best things about the temple is it keeps you learning and makes you always want to do better and better. It was a great experience. One I will always remember and cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment